Monday, August 5, 2013

Making the most out of a Monday walk and a reminiscence of walks past



Good Evening Fellow Journey People

Wow! I did a walk on Monday and it was a challenge to do it. Monday is always hard to do things when we'd rather not. I find it amazing, that I actually enjoy walking on Monday! It is like a vacuum for the mind, body, and spirit. Making the most of a Monday walk should combine fun and fitness. I walked to Frank Sinatra and Bruckner's "Te Deum". When you are waiting for the light to change to do little step, touch, and a little kick. Looks crazy,  but keeps one motivated and moving. I like to swing around a poles. Not what you are thinking!I love singing on my walks and it uplifts body, mind, and spirit and also exercises one's lungs! Your walk is what you make of it. It is your walk not mine and I cannot dictate what you do, how long, or where you do it. Just do it!

 This evening it started out being a little bit sunny and then once again the marine layer came to visit. Now, it is dark and I'm home. I don't understand why our town doesn't have more pedestrian traffic. We could have a very walkable town. The area I walk is safe, well lighted, and also very scenic. We don't need a lot of vehicle traffic either. I guess I'm reminiscing about the time when I wasn't a driver and walked all over town. I'd walk to church on Sunday mornings, walk to Allan Hancock College, walk to piano lessons, and yes, when I had a job I'd walk to Grace Lutheran Nursery School and home. Through my walking I became well known and when I stopped walking, people actually missed me. One fellow told me that I was "An Icon" When I lived in San Luis Obispo, I'd walk all over Cal Poly and yes walk down town. If you know where St. Stephen's is on Nipomo and Pismo Streets, and where Cal Poly is, then you know how far I'd walk to church on Sundays when I didn't have a ride. That all changed when I joined Canterbury Club and also joined the choir. More reminiscences along our journey to come. Have a blessed night. I love you ! Music Sampler tomorrow morning!

Peace, love, and prayers and peace of mind!

Sara
































No comments:

Post a Comment