Friday, August 2, 2013

Lord Lift Up!


Good Evening Pilgrims!

Beginning tonight and on every Friday evening we are going to set aside time for a prayer walk. Walking and prayer go hand in hand or footstep by footstep. I will take prayer requests from all of you by Tweet or through FB, and add my own on our journey's loop. I feel it is very important to set aside time to be outside and  pray and feel the Lord's presence. It is there in the gentle breeze and smell of the flowers and shrubbery If you think of your walking loop as prayer beads, rosary, labyrinth it might help. I use my loop as an intercessory prayer tool. Lots of prayers and prayer concerns on my path. Arrow prayers are best for this. 

The type of music I recommend for this is Taize and John Michael Talbot or any kind of mellow worship music. I also think Richard Shulman and Paul Winter do an outstanding job too. If you are more of a traditionalist you might choose motets, chorales, and hymns. What ever works for you and that will lead you into prayer will be good.  I used Taize and John Michael Talbot tonight. It really is suitable for prayer walking. You will notice not a lot of photos but that's ok.  This evening I won't be putting a music sampler in until tomorrow. Walking can help just about anything . I know it helped me tonight, it can help you too, if you just give it a try.Make your first steps tomorrow. Won't you give it a try?

Lots of Love and peace of mind!


Sara

















No comments:

Post a Comment