Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A night of prayer and praise walking! A framework for Prayer walking.



Good Evening Fellow Prayer walkers at home!

Tonight we had quite a lot of prayer work to do while walking. We live in such a time where prayer may be the only work we can do to help heal and bring peace to a broken world. l find that walking gives us a built in intercession list and framework  just by the route(s) we take   Here is my prayer walking frame work for those of you who walk. If you do not walk get a map of your city and circle the landmarks. As the old Yellow Pages Ad told us " Let your fingers do the walking!".

Begin by offering your walk and prayers to God. This is done outside your front door.As I turn the corner I often times will see lots of litter and I  that we may all become better stewards of God's creation .
Pray for your nearby neighbors and those who live in your neighborhood. ( Y/our neighborhood is the world)
Often times I will look back and take a picture of  the big Sun and that reminds me to center my prayers with the help of  God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I'm trying to be inclusive here.
Take picture of the Big Sun to remind you of  God the Creator and give thanks.
At the first Stop light or where ever you cross the street pray for all those who are driving, walking, and biking. Pray for safety.
As you walk notice the businesses and pray for the employers and employees. 
If you hear a siren of any kind pray. Pray for the first responders, the person they are going to help. 
Begin your prayer list or prayer requests you have been given. If you are on Twitter or Facebook do not be afraid to make prayer requests. I welcome you and I welcome them.
We have a gentlemen's club called the Spearmint Rhino on our route: I pray for women, children, and an end to human trafficking and pray for our family members (that is anyone to me) who have depression and self esteem issues.
Flower beds and shrubbery can be good to remember all the unsaid prayers or requests that haven't been offered to us. 
I pass the Public Library and pray for those who teach and those who learn. 
I pray for our leaders when I pass city hall and I pray for our family members who are homeless and hungry who make the City Hall Plaza their home for the evening.
The Police Station is on our route. Pray for law enforcement personnel and our troops and peacekeepers.
The list is endless. I think you begin to get the basics. Always take time to enjoy God's creation. Please remember it is your walk and your individual journey that you take with God.  Always take time to give thanks and praise to God the Creator. 

Tonight I had a powerful moment when I was listening and singing to Thomas' Tallis "Third Mode Melody" Almighty Word. There is a line in the lyric that refers to light.  When I arrived at Cook and Miller, just as the word "light" was sung, the street lights suddenly came on! God was and is in sync. Another wonderful moment tonight was when I was praying for a friend of mine and at the same time when I was, I received a tweet from him. Holy Spirit at work! Remember love is the key in everything you do, think, or pray. Keep knitting our prayer circle around this broken world.  I love you ! You can always count on that! No, doubt about it. I carry you and your prayer requests in my heart this day and always.

Have a blessed night. Wonderful Wednesday is around the corner.

Love and peace of mind!

Sara























Music Sampler

Fantasia on a Theme By Thomas Tallis

The Call

Down Ampney- Come Down O Love Divine


No comments:

Post a Comment