Thursday, September 26, 2013

Walking along and singing songs from Camelot



Good Evening Fellow Pilgrims on our Journey!

Another nippy night on tap! At least I'm warming up quicker than last night.
 Self: Tonight I had the sudden urge to sing.....
.Reality Check: Not that song Sara!
 Self: Oh,you mean this isn't" Anything goes?"
 Reality Check: Enough of the funnies! Time to blog!

I  walked to a variety of musical genres, mainly Camelot, Paul Winter, and Oystein Sevag! I love singing songs from musical theatre! I guess I really wanted to be an entertainer but, I don't have that kind of talent.  How does all this play into our prayer life and stress management? That is easy, walking and singing can relieve all kinds of tension and put a spring in your step and a smile on your face. With these endorphins released you can get into an easy prayer walking mode. I believe truly what St. Augustine said " He who sings prays twice" No doubt about it. I'm not sure singing songs from Camelot counts. I do think anything that helps one's lungs cannot hurt but help. Breathing is a way to bring the Spirit into our hearts and lungs and gives us the energy for prayer and praise. Tonight I needed to walk ,pray, and begin gathering my thoughts for the Fall Assembly for the Order of the Daughters of the King (R) in the Diocese of Los Angeles on October 19. The person who was supposed to be our speaker has a funeral that day and I have stepped in to fill the spot.  It will  be centered around Journaling your Journey and  what we get to do each and every day:Walk, Pray, Sing, Point,Click and  ,Shoot and  and begin to reflect on this walk and the prayers that have been said and finding out what God has to say to us by writing this blog.  We may be getting new Pilgrims and family members soon please start to pray for welcome them into your heart as well. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for this opportunity to share our experiences together and share the love that we know that is binding us as a family and pilgrims on a journey!

I love you! Take time to get good sleep tonight! Remember I carry you, your prayer requests known and unknown in my heart, this day and always!

Love and Peace of Mind!

Sara

Musical Sampler

It's De Lovely

Then you may take me to the fair- Camelot

Camelot





















No comments:

Post a Comment