Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Taize, prayer walking, and being mindful of crazy drivers making right turns!




Good Evening Journey People,

Wow what a walk! Tonight I used an album called "Ubi Caritas" by Taize` for the major prayer walking music. I'm beginning to start turning my (our) prayer muscles and walking feet towards our annual remembrance of 9/11. Taize` is a wonderful fit, and we will use it tomorrow. Let us begin tonight praying for peace in this troubled world of ours. Let us  learn to be peace makers and lovers of humanity, the animal kingdom, and the whole of  God's creation. Let us learn and teach love and not hate. Let us see God's face in each other, the stranger, and yes even those who wish to do us harm.

 Lots of sights and sounds on tonight's walk including more shoes that were left behind. Remember in an earlier blog, I referred to them as currency.  You'll see them in the photos. A pair and a single! No, this isn't a card game.Tonight I almost was run over by a speeding sports car driver making a right turn onto Park Avenue! Glad God had the reigns on me tightly. So, here's my gentle reminder slow down and keep watch. There isn't any need for the Indy 500 driving speed in a small town especially where people walk. 

Please remember our family members who are ill, deal with a chronic or mental illness, the dying,   homeless, hungry, lonely, and the visible invisibles and all those who are at the margins and beyond. Those are your prayer assignments for this evening and the days to come! 

I love you!

Love and peace of mind,

Sara





























 Music Sampler!

Ubi Caritas

Bless the Lord My Soul

Veni Sancte Spiritus

No comments:

Post a Comment