Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Follow your heart and it will lead you on a wonderful journey with God



Good Evening Fellow Journey People!


Tonight, was a beautiful night to walk and pray and get outside. Our days when we can do this without a jacket or sweatshirt are becoming fewer. I love the crisp feel of Autumn on my skin and the cool breeze upon my face. I also love the smell of Shaw's Steak House and the smell of Santa Maria BBQ on the spit. Today we had quite a few prayer requests. It is amazing how God is using my walk, allowing  me to become aware, just how in need our world is in the way of prayer, love, and compassion. It isn't only for those who live on the margins of society but those who are in the center. Today I helped a group of Swedish tourists who were looking for a supermarket on Broadway. I was able to give them directions to Von's and Foods Co. Our town is a destination city for tourists and tour buses. We had 3 parked in the Magic Dragon/ Landmark Square parking lot. For those of us who live here, let us be courteous to them. Remember everyone you meet is a family member/neighbor.

These walks have become a way for me to Follow My heart and has led me on a wonderful journey with God. I can't believe it or begin to tell you how much these blogs, prayer walks, and musical interludes have helped, and are helping people. They are. We are all interconnected in a way that I would never had known. I knew, but it hadn't become concrete until recently. When I attended  Sister Joan Chittister's talk and had the privilege to go and see Bishop Robinson, I came into contact with people with whom I have been praying for on my prayer walks. Praying and walking has made all of us a family that is unbreakable and bound together by God in love. When I write this every evening I post the pictures first on Facebook and realize whom I might have forgotten and that gives me time to pray some more. If you haven't begun your walking time, please do you will find a peace and a solace that is un-mistakenly from God, Higher Power, or the Creator.  

Tonight's music came from Paul Winter's "A Prayer for the Wild Things" and Brett Dennen's "Hope for the the Hopeless"  Samples are below.

Buffalo Prairie

Paul Winter Whole Earth Chant

Kyrie- Paul Winter

Brett Dennen Follow your heart and you won't get lost

Brett Dennen Closer to You

Have a joyful, peaceful, and spirit-filled night! I love you and will always carry you and your prayer requests in my heart. Sister Joan Chittister in her book signing on Saturday wrote this of me but, it may be said for you as well "Your heart is in your eyes, A gift for Many".

Love and peace of mind !

Sara






















No comments:

Post a Comment