Thursday, September 5, 2013

Quiet moments, prayers, and self care



Good Evening!

I promise to keep tonight's more uplifting than last evening's. Tonight was a time of quiet moments, prayers, and self care. I took stock of where we were 24 hours earlier and our town's feel was dramatically different than what we had experienced last evening. Only one of the members of our family was camped out at city hall. He was napping on a bench. He may have been the one I saw towards the end of my walk down near Broadway and Enos! 

Tonight was another one of those quiet evenings where there was lots of time for reflection and memories of when I began life as a pedestrian and used walking as my form of transport when I didn't drive. I loved those times even though I needed to find rides. I had to start at least an hour to half an hour before I would have to be anywhere and had to have my dress shoes in a tote bag. I even walked to church. I remember walking to church on Easter Sunday! Awesome and life giving!

When we get an evening like this one I could really pray and try to remember all of the various requests and carry each of them with love in my heart. We all need to keep one another close in love and prayer. When I tell you I love you. I really mean it and it is also my prayer to God for you. For God is Love. Every business sign can be used as a directional prayer and  reminder to pray. 

It is Thursday in a post Labor Day Weekend . What are you doing for self care? Are you honoring your body? What are you doing to decompress? These are questions that you need to begin asking yourself. We are going to talk about self care a little bit tomorrow. Remember I'm taking our blog on the road to the Mission Inn and Spa tomorrow. Self care involves rest, relaxation, pampering and yes my dear male readers that means you too. Men and women each need to do self-care. No one is exempt from taking care of themselves. It is the only body that you are given. Honor it, Care for it. Love it and Respect it. That is all for now. I love you! You are all dear to me and I treasure the presence you are in my life.

Love and peace of mind,

Sara





















Music Sampler

Paul Winter Dawnwalker

Paul Winter My Fair and Faithful Love

Oysten Sevag There's a Monk in my Garden


No comments:

Post a Comment