Friday, September 20, 2013

I can feel a nip of Autumn in the Air and busy weekend awaits in Los Angeles!



Happy Friday Dear Family!


I can feel a nip of Autumn in the air and a change of season is on its way. It's even getting dark in the morning! A friend of mine tweeted this week "Heigh Ho, In the dark!", boy he was right. I woke up early this morning and couldn't believe how dark it was. Changing seasons always brings a challenge. I get my worse allergies during this time of the year and it also reminds me that I need to get my flu shot. I always get mine because I live with my wonderful 90 year old dad and I also am a lay minister in my church. I don't want to get sick or give anyone else the flu. Don't forget to get yours!  How does this all relate to my walk? I'm reminded that since Fall is on its way, I might have to shorten my walk and be a lot more aware of the weather. 


Thank you for sending in your prayer requests they are so important and so are you my dear family! Prayers are our gift to God and each other. I think of prayers as a love letter to our family members and all those who are on our hearts and minds, and to the world. When I write this blog, I'm writing a love letter to you ! Not the kind I wrote to my dear departed beloved but to you my family. I like to tell you the news of the day and what happened on our walk. We are connecting in a very special way. We had quite a few page views yesterday! I celebrate and give thanks to God for your being in my life. I'm privileged to call you family, friends and neighbors. 


I used old music today so I will be showing the photos instead. I would like to have you keep me in prayer tomorrow. I'm singing in the memorial service for my former vocal coach Gary, and then traveling down to LA to see and hear Sr. Joan Chittister tomorrow evening at St. John's Pro Cathedral on Adams and Figueroa, and then on Sunday, I will be heading over to All Saints Church in Pasadena for worship and to hear The Right Reverend Gene Robinson preach! Oh, what a life I lead. I will be doing a short blog tomorrow night and will let you know that I arrived safely! I love you all lots! I wish I  could give each one of you hugs and look into your faces and see you in 3d, that is offline and in person! Have a blessed and joyous night until tomorrow when I blog from the Westin Bonaventure!


Love and Peace of mind!


Sara


































No comments:

Post a Comment