Saturday, September 14, 2013

Taking in the sights on McClelland Street while remembering many in prayer


Hi All!
Wow! What a difference a day makes! I'm feeling much better and back on an even keel. Tonight
I decided it was time to take more photos of the town and on one street in particular, McClelland Street. It has a lot to offer the visitor and resident alike. No this isn't Frommer's Travel Guide to Santa Maria but an avenue that has the Natural History Museum, Abel Maldonado Youth Center, yes that Abel Maldonado. He grew up here and graduated about 3 or 4 grades below me in high school, The Santa Maria Lawn Bowling club, along with the Freedom Monument. The Freedom Monument contains many of the names of those who have lost their lives in service to our country. I prayed there. It will soon have the name of our most recent soldier who lost his life in Afghanistan. We need to continue to remember our troops and pray for peace and an end to armed conflict and violence everywhere. McClelland was unusually quiet tonight as was the area near Simas Park. I almost ran the bases again but they were busy. I walked through the back parking lot of Simas Park and the courthouse and remembered when we were deluged by the Michael Jackson Trial and all the satellite trucks were parked there. Crazy what one remembers when one walks in a particular area. What kind of places like these do you have in your town or city? I love what our city has done with this particular area. This is all part of unwinding the mind.Try to play tourist in your own town. I'd even recommend staying in a hotel and being a guest and rediscover what it's like to enjoy where you live. Just a change of scenery can do the body, mind and spirit good. 

Our challenge beginning in the next few days is to knit a prayer circle around the people in Colorado, Syria, and New Jersey and any other major concerns that may be troubling you and yours. Tomorrow I will be doing a double whammy at the Faith Factory, that means 2 services! Yippee! God is good! I will hold all of you my family and your prayer concerns close to my heart and in prayer.  I love you!
Don't forget to get outside and have a change in scenery !

Love and peace of mind!

Sara

P.S. No music sampler today! 










































No comments:

Post a Comment