Sunday, September 22, 2013

Journeys come in all shapes and sizes


Good Late Evening to my family of love!

Today we have been all over the map from preparing to go on this journey to Los Angeles to see Sister Joan Chittister who spoke on the need for the equality of women and reminded us ever so strongly that we as the human race have a long way to go in that regards. But I digress, this morning required precision timing due to Gary Walters' celebration of life at St. Peter's at 1:00. I needed to be there at Noon to rehearse the anthems we were going to sing. I haven't been in a choir for ages but enjoyed being in a wonderful group of musicians! Guess what? I can still sing soprano and I could even hit the high notes! Yippee! It's all coming back to me now. The service was wonderful and just the right amount of time so that I could help prepare the sanctuary for Sunday and then be on my way. I got into town early enough to park and then socialize with my DOK or the Order of the Daughters of the King(R) family. Sister Joan is absolutely fabulous. If you haven't already done so try to find videos, written works, and find her website Benetvision it is wonderful.
She is one Catholic Sister that is truly social justice  and Gospel oriented. My journey finally led  me to the Bonaventure Hotel where I am laying my head down until tomorrow when I attend All Saints Church Pasadena where I will hear Bishop Gene Robinson preach. I'm going to try to attend the Forum too! Lots of journeys of the heart and mind into social justice and equality. May we on this the International Day of Peace  do as the prophet Micah tells us to do " Do Justice, Love mercy and walk humbly with your God!" and that "We all may be one!" May our journey continue!  

Don't forget to send in your prayer requests tomorrow! Sunday is a good day for this! I love you and will carry you and your prayer requests in my heart this day and always!

Love and peace of mind!

Sara






















Music Sampler from Gary's Farewell


All My Trials Lord- That's my priest singing!

Swing Low Sweet Chariot

How Can I keep from Singing

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

God So Loved the World


No comments:

Post a Comment