Friday, September 6, 2013

My Family Began Here! Mission Inn Memories and Nostalgia!


Hello Dear Ones! 

I arrived safely at the Mission Inn here in Riverside around 5:00 p.m..Traffic is never easy coming down here! I kept wondering where everyone was going. I'm amazed that even when I made a mistake I actually got here. I'm glad I still have good directional sense. When I arrived, it felt as if I had come home. I love the Mission Inn! I love it for its history and its striking and elegant beauty. But I love it more for this reason. My family started here on November 8, 1947. You see this is where my mother Louise and father Leroy were married. They were married here in the Friar's Chapel or St. Francis Chapel. This is the beginning of home and family to me. My siblings have never had the opportunity to visit or feel the history and acknowledge what this place means. A lot of emotions are flowing here.I guess it's my Scots ancestry and being a part of the Celtic Fringe Element.   I have to remember they are men and they often don't get the history and emotion of places like this. There are some amazing photos that I will share. For those of you who are my church family and have been here for convention lots of changes. The plaza is being totally remodeled and a smoother place in which to walk. 

What places in your life, family and history mean a lot to you? Here in California I have many beginning with Santa Maria where I was born, St. Helena where Dad was born, Hemet where my mother was born, San Francisco where they met at Western Airlines, not to mention the Marines Memorial Club on Sutter and Mason where my dad lived before he married my mom Louise. Those are just for my family alone, Steve and I shared Lompoc where he was born, and lots of places in between. This is a perfect time to write down the lore in your family. I will tell you later about the many places my big family on both sides have stretched throughout our country and Europe. I'm sorry I don't have a musical soundtrack but I think I can find a few tunes that will take us way back.

I love you! 

Love and peace of mind,

Sara




























































Musical Sampler ! The Hits of 1947 ! I love you Mom and Dad! I thank God for you marrying and being an example of everlasting love and commitment for us all! May my next partnership/ marriage last as long and be as loving ! You set the bar high for us! Thinking of you Mom! I can't believe you have been in Heaven 8 years! I love you  and miss you lots! Ah, nostalgia! I love it! 

I got a crush on you !

The Ink Spots- Always

Confess -Doris Day and Buddy Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment