Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Walking and praying with joy but reminded this evening of the least of these!





Good Evening Brothers and Sisters on our Journey,


Tonight, I had every intention to write a blog on self care but in light of what happened on my walk I feel that we need to remember the people who cross our paths daily. As I walk my daily prayer walking route I  have become more and more familiar with our brothers and sisters who walk, bicycle, who are homeless, and those who may have mental illness. Many are familiar and many are not. A woman crossed my path and needed me to call her son because she was afraid  of a man on a bike who kept crossing her path. We called her son but to no avail. Glad that I have a phone. The only things I carry on my walk are my phone, keys and looking for a case for my ID. I carry no money, no bag, or cloak (jacket). She was on her way to Albertson's and maybe to C.A.R.E.S. I hope and she is safe. Please pray for her and all those who are feeling unsafe tonight. I have learned that we must respect the marginalized in our towns especially our brother and sister homeless who have not place to call home except the City Hall Patio. I have learned to smile and wave at them and look them in the eye and don't avoid them. Sometimes a smile and a warm greeting will give them hope. There are times when I find myself looking down at the sidewalk and see the many names etched in the concrete. I don't know who Tom or Jerry are. I pray for them anyway and all those whose names are etched in the sidewalk.

I keep feeling that we need something that is available in the evening that is for the homeless, hungry, mentally ill and all persons are in trouble or fear who need to have a safe house of some kind. It needs to be downtown near the Police Department. 

Sorry for the soap box tonight but I feel that as we journey together sometimes we may see things that need to be talked about, prayed about, and thought about. After my encounters tonight it recalculated my  GPS (General Praying System) to be more intentional about the people I see on our walk. I can honestly say that we must be loving people to all and not just some. We must always know who is outside our door and on our daily path. Remember when we show love by a smile we are on the way to make the world a better place in which to live. So my dear ones tonight  I may not see all of you in 3D that is offline and in person, I can tell you that I look into your faces and I do see the face Christ and the Creator in you. I love you! Have a blessed evening and you and your prayer request continue to be carried in my heart.

Love and peace of mind!

Sara


























Music Sampler!

Moses The Lawgiver Soundtrack    Happy New Year to my Jewish Family and Friends on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment