Monday, September 9, 2013

Running the Bases at Simas Park with Heavenly Joy!



Good Evening Journey People!

I love walking on Monday evenings because, the city has come alive with the sounds of city music! The sounds of the trucks, cars, skate boards and even the sound of the breeze have tempos all their very own. Some of our family members were getting ready to camp out in the City Hall Plaza. I'm very happy that our city allows them to be there. It is truly a sacred space for them, and for us. As I was approaching Simas Park  for those of you who aren't familiar with Santa Maria we have a big athletic park in the middle of town that has a baseball diamond, soccer/ football fields and also Elk's Field. The baseball diamond at Simas Park was completely empty as was the athletic field. I decided on a lark, something my heart and soul had and has longed to do. I decided that I wanted to run the bases. I walked down the steep hill and proceeded to run the bases! I loved doing it tonight that I'm going to do it again sometime. I didn't even have shortness of breath and I could climb the steep little hill with out fear! As the song lyric title says" I feel Good!"  Today, I felt stronger than I have been in months, maybe years! God and self-motivation are key for me in the continuance of feeling and becoming healthy bodily, mindfully, and spiritually. 

The music tonight was the "Royal Wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, cheesy I know but there are hymns to sing, prayers to pray, marches to step up to, and wonderful music. I was remembering that Steve and I watched it together and we held hands. Ah the things one remembers lovingly and for the first time without tears.  I'm so excited about what God is bringing me (us) each and every day. To be sure there will be roller coaster of emotions and things that come in to our lives unexpectedly. We just have to live in the moment, take the power away from the past, and fly and run the bases of your (our) lives with heavenly joy into the future. Did you know the future isn't far out there but in the next second? Choose life, love and joy and keep calm and just breathe. Have a blessed, loving, and joyous evening. I love you!

Love and peace of mind!

Sara


Music Sampler

I Was Glad

Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer

This is the Day The Lord Has Made

Crown Imperial   This was our processional music on the day I graduated from the California Polytechnic State University in 1984! One of my all time Princess Music favorites! I can still see the dignitaries the the President's house waiting for us to pass by and the mace bearer. The sun was glistening!

























No comments:

Post a Comment