Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hospitality and Graciousness Yesterday and Today!



Hello Journey People!

Today is a rest day from walking. I have been home  from my trip for about an hour. I want to share a few impressions that have had staying power yesterday and today. The key words are graciousness and hospitality. The Mission Inn personifies both. From the time I arrived until I was in my car, I was treated like a VIP. Every chance an employee had they were always taking a genuine interest in my comfort. They always introduced themselves and extended a hand both to help and to shake hands. I felt like I was in a bygone era. The personnel were always making sure that if you were single and alone that you were all right and that you were having a pleasant stay. This carried on until morning and then onward to the Fall Assembly of the Daughters of the King in the Diocese of San Diego.The Assembly was in Hemet. I was truly humbled and touched that in both venues I was treated with dignity and respect and made to feel welcome. We all can learn much about hospitality and graciousness. It must be because they are close to my mama's alma mater Pomona which was a center of gracious living in her day. 

One quick story. One of the maintenance men asked me if I needed anything and I told him about my mom and dad being married in the St. Francis Chapel in 1947, he had the key and opened the chapel and I was able to see it, and stand where they stood and imagine.  As their youngest child, it brought tears to my eyes and still does. A memory to last a life time for sure!

I felt many emotions over the past 24 hours that ran the gamut. I have learned that we cannot shield ourselves from feeling things. When I was at the Church of the Good Shepherd Episcopal church this morning and attending the assembly and eucharist, I could feel all my beloved Hemet family both living and departed with me. It was good to be back in one of my many family home areas. Where are your family home areas? Where do you call home? I now feel at home where ever I am. As long as God is with me I am home. God is my guide and creates home for me and you as well if you let him/her. Amazing yet miraculous. We will be back to our normal blog and walk tomorrow! I love you all!

Love and peace of mind!

Sara





























































No comments:

Post a Comment