Monday, October 7, 2013

Conquering Miller Street again one step at a time !




Good Evening Dearest Family!

Tonight I decided it was necessary to go back to Miller Street where the heckling incident happened on Saturday night! The reason being is that we all have fears that need to be conquered! Big Time! I was once afraid to learn how to drive and that meant walking everywhere and asking for transportation. I finally decided it was time to grow up and get my license in 1994 when I was 35 years old. Boy, I'm glad that I did! It has brought me freedom but one thing happened,my walking program became curtailed. Now I'm finding balance again. That was a fear that needed to be conquered. Conquering our fears is necessary when dealing with last night's blog post,when we come in contact with those who hate and are ignorant regarding people and topics they know little about. In cyberspace we must take care and sometimes we need to grow a little bit of thick skin and ignore wild posts and at the same time have the necessary courage to protect our online presence. We must stand up to haters with love but we also need to realize a lot of the hate comes from Fear (FALSE  EVIDENCE BECOMING REAL) and the way people have been brought up. Education is they key to getting rid of  hate and fear. When confronted by bullies, hatemongers, use I messages and stand your ground, also choose your battles wisely.  Here is a song from South Pacific that addresses this perfectly:


You've got to be carefully taught South Pacific

We are told repeatedly "Fear Not", "Do not be afraid", etc. Let's give it a try! I love you and I'm not afraid to say it or tell you. It's time to teach and show people that fear is necessary when needing protection but not towards people and certainly not a basis from which to hate or show indifference. That's all from my soap box tonight! I  love you! Have a blessed and peaceful rest. Be not afraid God is with you and so am I!

Love and peace of mind!

Sara

P.S. Remember "Perfect Love casts out fear and the words of Archbishop Tutu!

















Be Not Afraid


Children Will Listen









No comments:

Post a Comment