Thursday, October 24, 2013

Journey into thoughtfulness





Dear Family on Our Journey,

As with all days we do not have a clue what the day will bring and all the twists and turns life will take us. Prayer walking times are no different.  If you are a Twitter Tweeter or a Facebook Poster you will find that I use different themes for different days. Today is Thoughtful and Thoughtfulness Thursday ! Today I have been involved with getting our sprinkler timer back in check! Who knew that there is a battery that holds the programming info in check? I didn't know, did you? Today was decision day as to how much Halloween Candy to buy! I think we'll start with 100 pieces. I told Dad that we would get more next week if I didn't think we had enough. I came home from shopping and worked on a few things and then the doorbell rang. It was my friend Jon who was my past love and Steve's best friend/brother type. Jon and I have been able to remain friends even when I was Steve's Lady Love/spouse/partner. BTW Jon is married to a wonderful woman named Judith. Jon and I continue to mourn Steve's loss. Jon mourns the loss of his musical collaborator, buddy, and brother even more now than a year ago. Today I began to think it was time to give more of Steve's belongings away and Jon was first on my list. When Jon was talking to my dad I went to get some of the recordings, and a notebook of song lyrics that they had worked on. Tears were shed but good ones and then I looked down the hall and I saw Steve's Ibanez Guitar! That's when I knew it was time to send it with Jon. I said to Jon "Would you like to have Steve's Ibanez?" He got glossy and teary eyed and wanted to see it. I got it out and opened the guitar case and the rest is history. Jon now is  having a few tangibles of Steve's and memories to last a life time. 

What does this have to do with thoughtfulness and prayer walking? Everything! When I ask you for your prayer requests, I'm being thoughtful and intentional. When I'm praying your prayer requests while walking I'm being thoughtful. When we do something out of the blue that a family member doesn't expect we are being thoughtful. It doesn't take much to make a family member's day or to listen to what is happening when they are going through a tough time. This can happen anywhere. It happens a lot at the grocery store. So take time for thoughtfulness. Our family members will thank you.  I love you and thank you for today's prayer requests. We will pray and ask again tomorrow. Just asking is being thoughtful. Being thoughtful also makes our family members feel as though they matter. You matter to God, You matter to Me. Do our family members matter? Do you matter to you? I hope so. Have a blessed and restful night. Wake up happy in the morning with joy in your heart to meet the new day!

Love, prayers, peace of mind, and heartfelt gratitude!

Sara








Music Sampler





No comments:

Post a Comment