Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Finding Joy and Giving Thanks on our journey



Good Evening Family on our Journey!

I got to do half of our walk tonight. Not as nippy as the two previous evenings. I was so glad that I could lower the amount of layered clothes tonight. It really helped to free me up. This time of year because of the change of weather, I begin to start having my SAD episodes (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Not fun. I find myself getting angry and depressed. Not at all like me. The difference between this year and last was this, I wasn't walking or doing anything to help my body, mind, or spirit. This year I am and it is making all the difference in the world. I'm not having as many episodes. I now have to begin walking when it is sunny just to get my Vitamin D. 20 minutes with your shirt sleeves up to your fore arms exposed to the Sun will do it. No pill popping here. 

Tonight I genuinely felt at peace and alive with joy and was and am thankful for all the things that God has given me. Not to be a Pollyanna here but have you tried the Glad Game before? Think of every thing that you are glad about.  Here let's give it a try! I'll go first:
I'm glad that I get to pray for you and yours and carry you and your prayer requests in my heart
I'm glad that I can still take good healthy walks
I'm glad that I'm able to love unconditionally and without restrictions.
I'm glad that I'm able to respect the dignity of every human being and family member on the planet
I'm glad that I get to do a variety of ministries that wonderfully blend together in an offering to God. I'm glad that God uses me here. I'm glad that I can be here for you in your joys, sorrows, and everything else in between.
I'm glad that I still have my 90 year old Dad.
I'm glad that I got some of my administrative work for the week done.
I'm glad that the World Series is going back to Boston.
I'm glad all over.
I'm glad that I get to write a nightly blog

Now you give it a try! What do you have to be thankful and glad about?
Well dearies that's all for tonight. I love you and give God thanks for you every day!

Love, peace of mind, joy, and gratitude for you as we continue to walk together on our journey.

Sara














Joy - Paul Winter  I know it has a Christmas Theme but I like this arrangement of  "Jesu Joy"

Oh Happy Day Sister Act 

I Will Follow Him-Sister Act

No comments:

Post a Comment