Saturday, October 26, 2013

Daily self care on our journey and having fun doing it !




Dear Family On our Journey!

I have been thinking a lot about self-care these past few days and feel we need to revisit it once more. As I travel from place to place and back and forth from home to all kinds of places, it has brought to my mind that we all need to become better stewards of our bodies, minds, and spirits.

When was the last time you did something just for you and no one else? Take yourself out on a date? I'm getting good at that with all of my travels. I love Santa Claus Lane and all the cute little bistros and shops! I had a delicious pulled pork sandwich at the BBQ Company. Not exactly nutritious but certainly hit the spot on a cold and cloudy day. Our prayer walks are for my body, mind, and spirit. When you travel get out of the car regularly to circulate those gams (legs) Turn your bathroom into a spa! Ok, guys who read this that you can certainly add some masculine touches too. I love the smell of Paco Rabanne,  Acqua Di Gio, and anything by Dior on a man. I guess I miss having my men friends to pal around with? Maybe they have candles or infusers for your bath or man spa! When I travel I'm going to have to remember to pack in the trunk my favorite bottle of wine (Rioja) and a corkscrew. It makes it easy when one doesn't want to do the bar deal. Last Monday I hadn't packed my wine stash and I was tweeting with a friend of mine and he recommended that I go to Trader Joe's ! I told him that I don't go out at night in Korea Town and I didn't know where the closest one was!What's weird, is that the guy lives in LA. We are cyber friends and haven't met in 3D yet! ( Wink and an eyelash bat!) LOL!  I Googled it and it was up on Vine about 3 miles away! Scratch that! Lessons learned. The ways to do self -care for your bodies is endless. Maybe it's time to go for a walk? Also don't forget to add a few more important ingredients laughter and music!

Now we turn to self care of our noggins! How many of you do something to challenge your brains every day? No, and Angry Birds don't count. Crossword Puzzles are good. When I started to do crossword puzzles I made it into one big research project. I even used an old 1911 Encyclopedia Brittanica for my reference work. That worked for most of the historical  info pre-1911. I must say I learned a lot and found my academic passion when I became a history major at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo with a British/church history specialization. Have you forgotten how to speak your favorite foreign language? Learn it again! Take a course that will help you with your house hold tasks! Home depot has them on Saturdays! The list is endless here too!

Finally we need to do self care of  our spirits which include for me prayer, prayer walking, meditating on God's Word and attending church on a regular basis.  If you aren't Christian you might find it in your holy texts too. Go on a retreat to a monastery or National park. Find something that will give your spirit a lift. I like hymns, sacred music, and meditative types of music that will help my spirit soar and make my heart take flight! 

Well dear family! Let's practice good self care tonight by the resting, refreshing, and renewing our bodies, minds, and spirits!  I love you all ! 

Love, peace of mind, and days of better self care ahead!

Sara
For your laugh muscles!
The Pet Department - James Thurber

The Owl Who Was God- James Thurber










I Sing The body Electric

No comments:

Post a Comment