Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Where did your journey take you this day?




Dearest Family,

Where did your journey take you this day? How did you feel waking up to find our government shut down? I woke up and felt unsettled and yes upset and angry! This feeling does not lend it self to being contemplative nor prayerful. I only wish that I had a batting cage to go to. Walking tonight seemed to do the trick however I had moments of sadness and flashes of righteous anger  when, I thought of our family members who all are affected. What can we do besides pray? I thought to my self. This week if you can go through your pantry and see what you can give to a food bank or barrel, see if you can go through you clothing, blankets, and other items that you aren't using and give them to an organization or shelter who needs them. We may be in this for a long haul or short one depending upon how hardened our governmental leader's hearts are. If you do not work for the government, see if your place of business could set up an area for donations for our family members who do work for the government. See what your local food bank needs and make a list and do a drive. Write or call your government officials and let them know how you feel. Be courteous, but firm. If you are involved in any area of the media at all, set up a place online for resources and help. These ideas are endless. Don't forget to check on your neighbors! They are family members too. Other ideas please post in the comment section of this blog. Keep praying and walking with me on our journey! I love you all very much and you are in my heart and prayers!

Love and peace of mind!

Sara












Musical Sampler

If I had a hammer!

Discipline -Bobby McFerrin

Psalm 23 Bobby McFerrin

Do you Hear the People Sing

Lift Every Voice and Sing Ray Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment